Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Baseball Fields and Summer Nights

Have you ever had a friend that slipped into your life so easy it felt like you’ve known them for years? It doesn’t happen often, but when it does you know it’s special.

I met him at a friend’s barbeque this summer. We spoke a little that night, not much, but later that week I found myself hanging out with him again. He was only here for a month or so, but we made so many memories together. We had a routine. A baseball field at night and a pack of Camel Lights. We would lay in the field and talk. We talked about everything and anything. I told him things I’ve only told my best friend. It sounds romantic, I know, but the amazing thing was we didn’t have to worry about attraction. It was intimate, yes, but only in a friendship way. Looking at the stars, opening up to each other, laughing at the craziness of life. The little time he was here felt like a lifetime.

I’ll never forget our Fever Pitch summer.

The Moral of the story: Today I love Baseball Fields and Summer Nights

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

girl... i love this.

Napa Valley Insider said...

I feel compelled to leave a comment since I'm sitting next to you at a coffee shop waiting for a table to open up so will simply say that if you can, keep the feeling of these moments as long as you can and remember then and get in touch with them when our are older or settled into a routine ad sweet moments like these feel really really far away.