Saturday, September 19, 2009

Quick Fix

I woke up late this morning with a headache. Not one of those slam-my-head-into-a-wall headaches, more of a hat-too-tight feeling of pressure. See, last night I went out with a friend I hadn’t seen in a while. My end goal was to drink too much. You know it’s going to be a bad night when you start out that way. Needless to say, I drank too much. And woke up late with a headache.

I’m an avid coffee drinker. When I go to Starbucks you won’t catch me ordering a vanilla-frappe-whipped-foo-foo drink. I want a latte. With 10 extra shots. I take this shit serious. But alas, I had no time for Starbucks this morning. I ran out the door and swung by the gas station on my way to work. The same gas station I had stopped at 5 hours prior to pick up a late night pack of Camel Lights, dirty smoker that I am. And yes, the same attendant was still working. And, of course, recognized me. Drat. He knows I didn’t shower.

Needing my caffeine fix, and no time for ‘real’ coffee, I grabbed one of those Rockstar Coffee drinks. Roasted Latte, to be exact. Now, I’m pretty picky when it comes to my caffeine. I’ll drink the occasional Starbucks Double Shot, but other than that it has to be what I call ‘real coffee’. I must say, Rockstar impressed me. I sucked down my 15 ounces of hangover release and felt fantastic. Healthy? No. Satisfying? Yes.

The Moral of the story: Today I love Rockstar Roasted Latte

No comments: