Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Confessions of a Chocoholic

I just ate a 24-piece box of chocolate to myself.

I’ve always been a chocoholic. My mom used to tell me that when I was little the only time I wasn’t talking was when I had some chocolate to put in my mouth. And now I have taken a job at a chocolate store.

Today was my first day at the chocolate store. I walked in the back room, this little magic room where all the delectable creations are made, and took in the aroma. Heaven. Chocolate everywhere in every shape and form. Little chocolate butterflies with beautiful blue and red colored wings, chocolate leaves flavored with fresh mint, turtles filled with caramel and topped with fleur de sel… all displayed in beautiful blue and brown boxes, each piece looking like a perfectly wrapped present on Christmas morning. Again, heaven. And the most amazing part… they encouraged me to taste the chocolates. “Sample each one!” they said with a smile. I honestly had to pinch myself to make sure it wasn’t a dream. I spent all day wrapping these little pieces of treasure, stuffing each piece into a pretty little paper wrapper then carefully placing those into a beautiful round box, finally wrapping each box with a perfect bow. All in between shoving a couple (ok, times that by ten) handfuls into my own greedy little mouth. And then as my work day ended and I was ready to walk out the door I was handed a gorgeous round blue and brown box that held 24 of these tantalizing chocolates to take home with me. “I’ll share with my family”, I thought to myself, “These will last until the end of the week. Most definitely.”

And here I sit, one half-pound box of chocolates completely empty with those pretty little paper wrappers strewn about in front of me. Dear lord, I think this job is going to be the end of me.

The Moral of the Story: Today I love chocolate. Ask me how I feel about it in a week…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!