Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Detective in us All

When The Ex and I first started dating I came home one day only to have my mom ask “So, has The Ex ever been shot?” She asked it casually, as if it’s a common question to ask of your daughter’s boyfriend. Needless to say, I was surprised and couldn’t help laughing. My mom went on to explain that when she heard I was dating The Ex she decided to google him and found that there were several people with his name, one of whom had been shot. I then discovered that this is something that my mom does frequently. Take last night for instance…

The Boyfriend called me last night from his work phone. My mom has yet to meet The Boyfriend. After our conversation ended, my mom came into the room and casually dropped several facts about the company that he works for. See, we have caller ID and when the company name popped up my mom googled it. I asked her why she felt the urge to do so, and she looked at me as if I were the crazy one! “Well, I was sitting in front of the computer when the phone rang, so I decided to google him. Haven’t you ever done that?” My mom, the detective. Or is stalker a better fit in this case?

The Moral of the Story: Today I love my mom. My cute, slightly crazy but always lovable, Mom

No comments: